Founder's Profile - Mrs. Ambika Nair - M.Sc., RD, CDE
Clinical Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian, Corporate Nutritionist, Academician and Certified NLP Coach ,REBT and EFT Practitioner
Mrs. Ambika Nair is well-known Clinical Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian and Certified Coach from Pune, with an experience of 26 + years.
She is actively working as:
- Clinical Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian, Academician, Corporate Nutritionist,
- Lifestyle Coach
- Director- My Nutritional Needs, Nutrition Consultancy services. Pune
- Panel Consultant Clinical Nutritionist –Jupiter Hospital, Pune
- Consultant Clinical Nutritionist, Gulati Clinic, Pune.
- Certified Diabetic Educator (HOPE, International Diabetic Federation)
- Co Convenor, Indian Dietetics Association, Pune Chapter (2018-2021)
- RD Board Representative, IDA Pune Chapter (2018-2021)
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, GeneClinicX, Pune
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, Nutriwell, Pune
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, Oncocur, Mumbai
- Corporate Nutritionist, Xoriant Solutions Private limited, Pune
- Panel Advisor, Glaxo Smithkline (GSK-Horlicks Protein Protein Plus) Limited
- Panel Consultant Nucgnex pharmaceuticals
- Panel Clinical Nutritionist, Satyak –Dementia care, Pune
- HOD, DES College of Nursing, Fergusson College, Pune
- Executive Member, Board of Syllabus ,Symbiosis Skills and Open University, Pune
- Certified NLP Coach (NLP AND EFT LEVEL -3 MATRIX Practitioner, BFT, REBT and CBT Therapist) and Counselor
Diet and Nutrition:
M. Sc. (Foods and Nutrition), RD (Registered Dietitian), and UGC-NET Qualified Lecturer, (HOPE) UK Certified Diabetic Educator (CDE)
- Founder member and Director of My Nutritional Needs, with 26 years Experience in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Areas of Expertise include Childhood and Adult Obesity, Clinical Nutrition, Hospital Dietary Department set up, Therapeutic Diets, Critical Care and Enteral Nutrition, Bariatric surgery diets, Diabetes management, Transplant diets, Corporate Nutrition, RD Exam coaching, Lifestyle management, Research and Academics.
- Currently practices as a Panel Consultant in Jupiter Hospital, Baner, Pune and has her Private practice at Seasons Business Square and Gulati Clinic, Aundh, Pune.
- Contributed to hospital Dietary department set up, where she set up the Dietary department of AIMS Hospital, Aundh- (August 2014-March 2016)
- Extensively contributed to setting up standard protocols in Jupiter Hospital, Baner, Pune as a functional head from March 2020-May 2020, as a voluntary service. Actively involved in seminars and training the in house Dietitians about Dietary protocols for various kinds of therapeutic diets since Nov 2017.
- Actively involved in formulating the Diets for Covid patients and high-risk cases, in Sassoon Govt hospital, Pune, as a voluntary service
- Extensive experience in Hospital Dietetics in setting up standard protocols and practiced as a Chief Clinical Nutritionist, Worked as Chief Dietitian, in Ruby Hall Clinic for 3 years, Consultant Dietitian in CCU, Maharashtra Medical Foundation, Joshi Hospital for 4 years , ICU Consultant in Shreesakthi hospital for 2 years , Medipoint Hospital for 8 years and AIMS Hospital Pune for 2 years etc.
- Actively involved in creating and setting up standard dietary protocols and therapeutic kitchen set up for the dementia patients of Satyak Dementia center and Old age home, Pune, presently working till date.
- Actively involved in conducting awareness sessions on diet for the dementia patients of Tapas Elder Care and Dementia centre, Pune.
- In the past 26 years of clinical practice as a Clinical nutritionist, seen more than 30,000 individual patients for therapeutic diets.
- Helped more than 15,000 patients in weight reduction with the standard principles of Dietetic practice with a high success rate of patient outcome
- As a consultant clinical nutritionist, provided therapeutic Diabetic diet counselling, for patients using Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), sensors and working with Leading Endocrinologists in Pune.
- As a consultant clinical nutritionist, actively worked with several Bariatric surgeons in formulating, prescribing and implementing the 4 stage Bariatric surgery diets for more than 100 patients.
- As a consultant clinical nutritionist, actively involved with various Transplant surgeons and set protocols for both small bowel, liver and kidney transplants and practically implanted with 100% success in implementation and better outcome of the patients progress and health.
- As a consultant clinical nutritionist, worked extensively with Leading IVF Specialists and provided Fertility diets for such patients with complications and Infertility issues with a high success rate.
Faculty in various esteemed institutions:
- Active member of Academia Worked as Guest faculty with SNDT, Pune for M.Sc Dietetics, taught subjects like Advanced Biochemistry, Advanced Nutrition and Dietetics for 2 years .
- Actively a part of formulating and syllabus setting of the M.Sc Dietetics Post graduate course and worked as a Contributory teacher, School Of Health sciences, University of Pune for more than 7 years.
- Actively a part of Dietetic Department set up, and formulating syllabus, paper setter and moderator for MUHS (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) and working as HOD of Nutrition Department, DES College of Nursing, Fergusson, Pune for 12 years till date.
- Presently as Executive board of syllabus member of M.Sc course in Dietetics , for the Symbiosis Skills University, Pune
- Actively involved as a Compiler -Yogya Arogya Health Magazine, a monthly health magazine published by Tej Gyan Foundation, Pune. since a period of 21 years. She has published more than 1000 articles related to Nutrition to her credit.
- Guest speaker, chaired and moderated several sessions, participated actively in various annual conferences (more than 500 Seminars and workshops) and has several publications to her credit in various prestigious magazines, newspapers and Online platforms.
- Actively contributed as a Speaker, moderator and chaired more than 200 CME and seminars conducted by different pharmaceuticals, online as well as offline sessions.
Positions and Panel Advisor:
- Presently the co convener of IDA, Pune Chapter for a tenure of 3 years (2018-2021)
- RD Board Representative, IDA Pune Chapter (2018-2021)
- Ex Secretary, Indian Dietetics Association, Pune Chapter, (2011-2015) and
- Actively participated as a member of the Organizing committee in IDA CON-Pune –2013, Indian Dietetic Association, Annual National Conference, Pune.
- Actively involved in collaboration of IDA as the Co Convener of IDA Pune Chapter with Brainx Masters and PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation), and PMC, along with Khelo India and FIT India movement, which caters to School Nutrition Program for 650 Schools of PCMC and 2000 Schools of PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation)
- Conducts RD Examination coaching classes for the students who appear for RD exam, since 2009 till date in Pune, fully success 34 students have cleared RD Exam with the help of the revision classes.
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, GeneClinicX, Pune -Presently working as the Chief Nutrition Advisor in setting up protocols, creating concepts, developing programs and strategic planning and implementation of various Lifestyle management programs for GeneClinicX,Pune.
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, Nutriwell, Pune-Presently involved as Chief Nutrition Advisor advisory for Nutriwell products, stragetic planner for business development and product development.
- Chief Nutrition Advisor, Oncocur, Mumbai-Presently involved as Chief Nutrition Advisor to work on their nutraceutical product which helps in Cancer Therapy, actively involving in Cancer research and Business development of the product.
- Corporate Nutritionist, Xoriant Solutions Private limited, Pune-since 3 years, as a Consultant Clinical Nutritionist, in counselling the employees (around 3000) for their diets, conducted nutrition awareness sessions and recipe contests for the Employees from time to time.
- Panel Advisor, Glaxo Smithkline (GSK-Horlicks Protein Plus) Limited-Conducted Seminars, attended advisory meeting with other panel members and as a speaker in various CME conducted for doctors and dietitians pan India.
- Panel Consultant Nucgnex pharmaceuticals-Involved as product advisory and in conducting academic learning sessions for Dietitians and Doctors, Pan India.
- Panel Clinical Nutritionist, Satyak –Dementia care, Pune-Actively involved in creating and setting up standard dietary protocols and therapeutic kitchen set up for the dementia patients of Satyak Dementia center and Old age home, Pune, presently working till date.
Panel in Tapas Elder care -Actively involved in conducting awareness sessions on diet for the dementia patients of Tapas Elder Care and Dementia centre, Pune.
- All India Topper in Registered Dietitian exam held by Indian Dietetic Association in June 2009 in the first attempt with distinction marks.
- Topped the college in M.Sc. Foods and Nutrition, Women’s Christian College, Chennai.
- Gold medalist with Chennai University First Rank while pursuing B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics from Anna Adarsh College for women; Chennai.
- UGC –Qualified Lectureship in the first attempt
- HOPE, UK, Certified Diabetic Educator-by International Diabetes Federation, Passed with 81.3 marks.
Alternate Therapies & International Certifications:
- Expertise in Alternate Therapies
- Spiritual Counselor, Certified Life coach, with a Diploma in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), Breakthrough Coaching, Diploma in NLP Trainer and Practitioner, Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Timeline technology. from Dr. Rangana Chowdary (Vitality Living college, UK).
- Certified, REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy) and CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) Therapist from Albert Ellis Mental Health Institute, New York.
- Qualified EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)–LEVEL -3 Practioner, AAMET, UK Certified EFT Matrix Reimprinting and Inner Child healing.
- Certified Reiki Grand Master, Crystal Healer, and Bach Flower Therapist.
- Certified as Arogya chikitsak in Acupressure therapy
- Treated, counseled more than 5000 cases, since 2008 till date in her private clinic and online, with the above tools and alternate therapies.
- Actively volunteered as a Consultant to modify the diets of Covid -19 affected ICU and ward patients of Sassoon Government Hospital, Pune during April 2020 -December 2020.
- Active volunteer of Tej Gyan Foundation (TGF), a NGO and Spiritual Organisation since 1998.
- Conducted School Nutrition Program in Indira National School.
- In August 2012, School Nutrition Program was conducted in INS, Wakad, Pune where Nutritional screening of 1600 school children were done by questionnaire method, the canteen menu was assessed, and the results were analysed and interpreted statistically. Conducted several Nutritional awareness lectures for the Parents of INS school children
- Analysed the Menu of PICT model school (for 1000 students), Pune and new healthy menu was planned and implemented
- Conducted workshop and been Speaker in various conferences:
- Nutrition for the Elderly-Orientation of Medical Practitioners To Geriatrics And Gerontology”, Organized by the International Longevity Centre-India and Supported by WHO at IMA Hall, Pune.4th and 5th September 2010
- Diet and Lifestyle - Mahalakshmi Ladies Club programme, 10/12/10
- Diet in Dermatology-Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venearologists and Leperologists, Annual National Conference, 21/2/2010
- Diet and Nutrition-Rotary Club of Pune, Downtown, 25/2/2010
- Nutrition and weight management-Rotary Club Of Pune, Aundh, December, 2011.
- Speaker in various CME’s (more than 75) of Indian Dietetic Association, Pune Chapter, Mumbai Chapter
- Corporate Nutrition Programmes for Employees of Sandvik Asia, Pune
- Corporate Nutrition Worshop, Zentest Labs, Pune.
- Corporate Nutrition Programs in Xoriant Solutions
- School Nutrition Programme-Healthy eating habits for Preschool and school going children Along with Shiksha Uday-In Kidzee, Baner, Pune.
- Spiritual Healing Techniques –Annual National Conference, NADA (New Age Doctor’s and Healer’s Association, Pune-26/3/2011
- Regular Nutrition Workshop and Health Seminars-Tej Gyan Foundation, Pune
- Healthy Eating Habits for Children, Tej Gyan Foundation, Pune
- Nutrition for Youth-Today’s Lifestyle-IICMR, Pimpri, Pune-September 2012
- Conducted Bimonthly Seminar-PHD (Perfect Health Discovery), and training Sessions on EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Speaker in various CME and as moderator in various organizations as an ongoing activity as a Co Convener and panelists in various organizations.
- Chaired several Sessions in National Conferences held in Pune
- Actively participated in International Conference –Asian Congress of Nutrition (ACN-2019) held in Bali, Indonesia
- Actively participated as a member of the Organizing committee in IDA CON-Pune –2013, Indian Dietetic Association, Annual National Conference
- Actively involved in many CNE in Jupiter Hospital Pune, since 2017
- Life member -Indian Dietetic Association (IDA) Pune chapter.
- Life member -Nutrition Society of India (NSI)
- Indian Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (IAPEN) Pune chapter.
- Life member –AIAARO-All India Association for Advancing Research in Obesity/World Obesity Federation
- Proud mother of two children
- Loves cultural activities, dance, reading, cooking and music.
Special interest in Spirituality
Mrs. Ambika Nair is available at (only by appointment ):
Near Prathamesh Park, Pimple Nilakh Road, Baner - 411045
Phone : 020 27992058 or 27992799
Timings : Morning 11 am - 2 pm and Evening 7 pm - 9 pm (Mon to Sat )
Gulati's (Multi-Speciality) Clinic
204, Supreme Centre, ITI Road, Landmark: Above PNG Jwellers, Pune
Timings : Evening 5.30 pm - 7 pm (Mon-Wed-Fri only)
1st Floor, Caviana Building, Baner - Pashan Link Rd, Pashan, Pune
Timings : Evening 5 pm - 7 pm (Mon to Sat )
My Nutritional Needs
C 302, Willows, Baner balewadi Road, Near Comfort Zone, Balewadi, Pune - 411045
To book an appointment with Ambika, please contact:
Mobile : +91 90112 56500
For more details, visit our website www.mynutritionalneeds.com
- Wellness Nutrition
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Weight Management
- Corporate Nutrition Program
- School Nutrition Program
- On-Line Consultation
- Hospital Dietetic Department Set-Up
- Sports Nutrition Services
- RD Examination Syllabus Revision
- Alternative Therapies